9 Cups of Chex Cereal
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
½ Cup of Peanut Butter
¼ Cup of Butter (I prefer unsalted)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
½ to 1 Bag of Valentine’s Day M&M’s (depending how much you love M&Ms)
1. In a large mixing bowl place all your Chex cereal.
2. In a medium sized pan place chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter and melt over medium heat. Be sure to stir continuously. Once everything is close to melted add your vanilla.
3. Next pour mixture over the Chex cereal and mix together. The best way I have found to do this is to use a spatula to mix, and push the cereal down so everything gets mixed well.
4. Place your powdered sugar into a large zip-lock baggie.
5. Place covered cereal in large baggie with powdered sugar and shake until completely covered with powder sugar. Allow to cereal mixture to sit in baggie for 5 to 10 minutes and cool.
6. Remove from baggie and place in your large mixing bowl.
7. I always shake bowl around for a few mintues. It helps all the extra powder sugar fall to the bottom of the bowl. Then place Muddy Buddies in serving dish, or storage baggie.
8. Before placing in serving dish I like to place back into the large mixing bowl I was using and shake around the freshly powdered Muddy Buddies to make all extra powder sugar fall to the bottom of the bowl. Then I will move to serving dish, or place in zip lock for storage.
See more at: http://www.jennsblahblahblog.com/how-to-make-valentines-day-muddy-buddies/