2 packages of cake mix
1 cup butter
1 cup lard
8 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 to 6 tablespoons milk
1 package shredded coconut
2 brown M&Ms, 3 green M&Ms, 2 red M&Ms
1 orange jelly
4 ½ teaspoons miniature chocolate chips
1 chocolate wafer
6 pieces of red liqourice
1 green jelly
1. Prepare cake mixes according to the directions on the package. Then put the mixture into two greased baking vessels.
2. Heat the oven to 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes and bake the cakes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing the cakes from their moulds.
3. Whisk the butter and lard together in a bowl and stir in the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.
4. Head and body:
5. Use a knife to level the cakes.
6. For the body, put a flat round cake aside on a serving plate.
7. For the head, place a cream cake with the flat side up on top of the body. Put the remaining cream on top. Set aside ¼ cup of icing for the hat.
8.Put the coconut on the top and sides of the snowman, holding a little back to sprinkle on the back. Press two brown M&Ms into the face for eyes and three green ones as buttons down the front of the body.
9.Use your fingers to shape the gumdrop into a carrot shape. Press the wide end into the face, for the nose.
10. For the hat, take the reserved glaze in a bowl and add chocolate chips. Stir the melted chips in the glaze until they dissolve. Place a cupcake on top of the wafer and mix the cream with the remaining frosting. Put the hat on the snowman’s head.
11. Place two pieces of liquourice together to make one long piece of liqourice. Repeat with the remaining two pieces, and tie them around the snowman’s neck as a scarf.
12. Finally, sprinkle the snowman with coconut and enjoy!