What you'll need:
Unfinished puzzle pieces (*Note: these can be found in most craft stores. They are originally intended to be turned into invitations and mailed out, so they are often with the card making or cardstock materials. If you can’t find them, you could use pieces from an old puzzle instead.)
Red, white and pink craft paint
How to make your Picture Holder Craft:
1. If using the unfinished puzzle, remove the center four pieces. Snap apart the remaining pieces. Paint the pieces red, pink or white.
2. While the pieces dry, assemble your tongue depressors into a frame shape as shown in the photos. Glue them together.
3. When the puzzle pieces are dry, assemble them back together (roughly) and glue them down to the tongue depressor frame as you go. This takes a good bit of glue.
4. When you get all the pieces assembled, use the marker and write “I Love You To Pieces” along the bottom of the frame.
5. Add in a photo of your child.
See more at http://www.allkidsnetwork.com/crafts/valentines-day/picture-holder.asp