To make an Easy Felt Cupcake, you’ll need:
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 2-1/2” ball
Decorative cupcake wrapper
Pearl head pins
Decorative cupcake pick (or make your own with adhesive labels, toothpicks and bows)
Low-temp glue gun
Tools needed: Scissors; FloraCraft® Foam Tools (or substitute a serrated knife or plastic knife* and a wood skewer or other pointed tool)
Note: If children are making this project, please be sure they use a plastic knife, and closely supervise them while they cut the STYROFOAM Brand Foam
To make an Easy Felt Cupcake:
1. Cut a small slice from the bottom of the foam ball so it will sit flat. Glue the ball, flat side down, into the cupcake liner.
DIY bridal shower party favor craft
Straight pins serve as sprinkles.
2. Cut 12, 2” circles from the felt. (Tip: Depending on the thickness of the felt, you may be able to use a 2” circle punch to cut these out.)
3. Place a felt circle on the top of the foam ball, and insert the center of the felt circle into the foam ball using the Tuck tool or other pointed tool. As you push down on the felt circle, it will ruffle and look like whipped frosting. Repeat, till “cupcake” is completely “frosted.”
4. Decorate the frosted cupcakes with the pearl head pins.
5. Wrap a decorative cupcake wrapper around the cupcake. Glue cupcake liner to the wrapper at the back of the cupcake.
6. If making your own decorative pick, cut two small circles from an adhesive label. Remove the backing and sandwich together with a toothpick in the middle. Glue a bow to the center and insert into the top of the cupcake.
See more at: http://craftsncoffee.com/2013/01/25/an-easy-diy-valentines-day-craft-to-make-or-bake/